Privacy & Ethics Policy
Last Updated June 28, 2018
- 1. What Information Does Company Collect?
- B. Other Information:
(i) Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with Company through Pages, Company may receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. Company may store such information itself or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by Company affiliates, agents, or service providers. Company may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to Pages, the number of visitors to individual Pages, and the domain names of Company visitors' Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
(iii) Google Analytics, Google Adwords and other third party applications. Pages may have implemented Google Analytics, Google Adwords and other third party applications for Display Advertising, in order to advertise online via its "Remarketing" feature. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to Pages. You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertiser Features we use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means through this link. To opt out of Google Adwords advertising features, click here.
(iv) Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of Company Services, Company often conducts research on Company customer demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to Company. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Company may share this aggregated data with Company affiliates, agents, and business partners. Company may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe Company’s Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. When Company shares this information in aggregate form, it does not identify you personally.
(v) Photography and video: In operating its live events, Pri-Med may take photos and videos of conference attendees and faculty. These photos and videos may be used in Pri-Med marketing materials and on Pages. Should you wish for a photo of you which is identifiable, not to be used for any purpose you must advise Pri-Med in writing as directed below at section 11.
- 2. How Does Company Use Your Personal Data and Other Information?
If you register for and/or use the Company’s Services, Company will use your Personal Data to provide you with documents and other materials related to such Company’s Services, and Company may also mail you documents and materials related to such Company’s Services as well as for other products, and services and that Company believes will be of interest to you.
Company and Company affiliates may also use your Personal Data and other personally non-identifiable information collected through Pages to help Company improve the content and functionality of Pages, to better understand Company’s users, and to improve or market the Company’s Services. Company and Company’s affiliates may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about services or products Company believes will be of interest to you. If Company does so, each communication Company sends you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or to have your name deleted from Company mailing lists please contact Company as indicated below. Company may also share your Personal Data with certain third parties as described further in the section labeled "Does Company Share Your Personal Data?"
- 3. Does Company Share Your Personal Data?
Company considers your information to be a vital part of the relationship with you and protects it vigorously. There are, however, certain circumstances in which Company may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- A. Business Transfers: As Company develops Company business; Company might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- C. Event Sponsors: If you sign-up to attend an event or participate in an activity as a part of Company’s Services, Company may share your registration information with non-related companies that are involved in supporting the applicable event, including, without limitation, technology companies.
- D. Business Partners: From time to time, Company may offer you the opportunity to participate in discount plans and similar benefit programs from one or more of Company business partners. If you opt-in to participate in the discount plans or other benefit programs of Company business partners, Company will disclose your Personal Information to such business partners so that they may register you for the applicable discount plan and/or benefit program.
- E. Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties: Company, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, print and online advertising, and processing payments. When Company employs another company to perform a function of this nature, Company endeavors to provide them only with the information that they need to perform their specific function and Company instructs them to limit their use of the Personal Data accordingly.
- F. Legal Requirements: Company may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Company, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Pages or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- 4. Exclusions
- 5. Children
- 6. Links to Other WebSites
Pages may frame or contain references or links to other websites not operated or controlled by Company, including websites of Company Related Companies and unrelated companies with which Company has a business relationship (the "Third Party Sites"). The policies and procedures Company describes here do not apply to the Third Party Sites. The links from Pages do not imply Company reviewed or endorses the Third Party Sites. Company suggests contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
- 7. Advertising & Marketing
Company may target our advertising and marketing messages depending on preferences you choose to share with us. Pages may personalize content based on your interests. For example, you may see different content on our site in different areas based on information that you have shared with us or based on observations we have made regarding your previous usage.
We require advertisers and their advertisements to comply with all Federal (Canada) and local regulations regarding direct-to-physician advertising.. We reserve the right to reject any advertisement for any reason.
- 8. Security
Company takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via Pages from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from Pages may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to Company via e-mail.
- 9. Other Terms and Conditions
- 11. Access to Information; Contacting Company
If you would like to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Data or request a personally identifiable photo of you not be used, please contact Company as specified below. Company will take reasonable steps to fulfill your request.
Also feel free to contact Company if you have any questions about Company Privacy’ Policy or the information practices included on Pages.
You may contact us as follows:
Attn: General Manager
Pri-Med | Diversified Communications ULC
1101 Kingston Rd., Suite 310 | Pickering, ON, L1V 1B5